Only original scientific articles that contain new scientific results and have not been published earlier are accepted for publication in the journal. As an exception, reviews for published works or reviews, scientific and methodical materials may be published in a special section. Such information is obligatory indicated in their summaries.
The originality of scientific articles is primarily determined by the fact that the work does not contain literary piracy. Under the literary piracy we understand:
- a) the promulgation (publication), fully or in part, of another’s work under the name of a person, who is not the author of this work (the Law of Ukraine “On Copyright and Related Rights”);
- b) the promulgation (in part or fully) of scientific (creative) results obtained by other persons as the results of their own research (creative work) and / or reproduction of published texts (released to public works of art) by other authors without specification of authorship (the notion of academic literary piracy, enshrined in the Law of Ukraine “On Education”).
Verification for the presence of the features of literary piracy in the submitted for publication works is organized by the Editorial Board of the journal and carried out:
- a) by identifying text borrowings in submitted manuscripts using the Unicheck, Strikeplagiatism or other software and further evaluation of the results by the responsible persons (specialists);
- b) while reviewing the articles.
Literary piracy is inadmissible. Manuscripts that contain detected literary piracy or text borrowing without references to the original source are rejected by the Editorial Board forever or till the elimination of shortcomings. In order to prevent literary piracy, scholars must comply with the following minimum recommendations from the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine:
- Any text fragment in volume from a sentence or more reproduced in the text of a scientific work without modification, with minor changes or in translation from another source, must necessarily be accompanied by a reference to this source. Exceptions are allowed only for standard, non-authoritative and / or commonly used text clichés.
- If the paraphrasing or arbitrary transfer in the text of the scientific work of the text of another author (other authors) takes more than one paragraph, the reference (bibliographic and / or textual) to the relevant text and / or its author (s) should be at least once in each paragraph of the scientific work, except for the paragraphs, which consist entirely of formulas, as well as numbered and marked lists (in the latter case it is allowed to submit one link at the end of the list).
- If a citation from a particular source is given by the original source, the reference to the original source should be made in the scientific work. If the citation is not from the original source, a reference to the direct source of the reference (“cited for: _______”) should be made in the text of the scientific work.
- Any scientific and technical information contained in the scientific work must be accompanied by a clear indication of the source, from which this information is taken. Exceptions are only for well-known information, recognized by the entire community of specialists in the relevant area. If we use the text of a regulatory act in the scientific work, it is sufficient to indicate its name, date of approval and, if any, the date of adoption of the latest amendments or a new edition.
The authors are warned that they bear full personal civil liability for the authenticity of the content of the articles. The journal may be under administrative liability in accordance with the procedure established for scientific professional editions of Ukraine, as well as other types of liability. In order to prevent this, unscrupulous authors are also warned that if they pay the relevant contribution for the publication of materials such a contribution can only be returned in part, at a rate of 50 percent of the payment for the publication.